Saturday, October 13, 2012

Buy Nothing New Month is back!

Hello lovely ones, How are you all? I'm sooooo excited (even though I am a little late) to announce that Buy Nothing New Month is back HERE . Ever since I took up the pledge last year I can gladly say that those habits I formed within the last October, have stuck with me throughout the entire year.

 My wardrobe is now 90% chock a block with thrifted/opshop one-of-a-kind pieces and I just can't stop encouraging others to do the same. On my trip to New York and Vegas in July, nearly all of my pieces were sourced from second hand stores and I even managed to shop in some over there ;)

 I take extra care to turn off all the lights, recycle and I always think before I spend my hard earned money. I save for things I need because I really hate unnecessary bills. Even though these are simple things that we all should already do; the truth is that most of us don't and being mindful of my purchases helped me to unconsciously be mindful in other daily tasks.

 So I know you think a whole month (well it's less now) feels like an almost impossible task to buy nothing new, but in reality it really is only a few days. Just do it! Be responsible and accountable for your finances. Put your credit cards aside or better yet cut them up and if you really need it you can get another one.

 Buy nothing new.

 Buy what you NEED.

 Buy local.

 Buy smart.






 If you are currently buying nothing new please let me know. 
I would love to share your experiences and or blog posts on here.




Big Love,


Falala Mele

No comments:

Post a Comment