Monday, October 15, 2012

Aussie Curves: Knits for Melbourne

A few weeks ago I made a quick weekend trip to Melbourne. The main reason for the trip was a private family matter but it also worked out well for a few of my Sydney girls to make it that weekend.
So it really did turn into a little mini-reunion for my college sisters and I.
 The weather was sooooo cold. I really struggled with it. I just wanted to shut down and lie in bed.
But it's nothing a lil midnight-hot soup in Chinatown-couldn't fix. We only had two short days with months to catch up on, so I just had to soldier on.

Of course the cold Melbourne weather insisted that I packed only my warmest clothes and even though I layered and added more layers, I still found myself shivering. After day 1 I refused to be as cold the next day so I wore my thermal ski jacket that I found in Sydney at a Salvos store. It looks like something they would wear at Kodiak Valley (Hot Tub Time Machine) and that is not a bad thing for me! It was only $4 and I was instantly drawn to it because of the bold pattern and colour. The shiny army green material is not something I usually like but the pattern was just too good to give up.


My lovely friends xo ILYG



Thermal Ski Jumper Thrifted / Tights Kmart / Shoes Converse / Glasses Equip


The thermal underlay is covered with a woollen knit and it really did stay true to its word as it kept me warm and happy. My cupboard is full of lovely knits that I have picked up from second hand shops. The quality is superior and I often find hand knitted jumpers that have never been worn. I found a lovely oversized black one during the last school holidays with a silver glitter in the wool. I haven't had a chance to wear it yet but I just love how they trap the heat.

To my US readers who are gearing up for the colder weather: What are your favourite knits and how do you wear them? Excited to see what our other Aussie Curves ladies put together this week.


Big Love,


Falala Mele xo



6 comments:

  1. That sweater is giving me life! I love it! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that knit! the colours are amazing!
    hope you had some fun in melb.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a HUGE knit infinity scarf that i've owned for over 2 years. every year i get so excited for cold weather so i can wear it. trust me, it's amazing. b/c the only other reason i look forward to cold weather is the change to wear my leather jackets again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics and you're working a fabulous look for looks like it's a fabulous day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. The group shots just made me smile. Happy to see you so blessed with fab family and friends. They look like a hoot!

    I love hand knitted stuff. My mother knits like a mad person and they are the BEST. Not too mush use for them in Queensland though. A week of cold weather hardly justifies it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great again! I'm tired of the cold in Vic too!

    ReplyDelete