Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good Friday OOTD

Hello Readers, Just a quick outfit post from Good Friday. I went over to New Zealand for the Easter weekend. My family had planned a reunion around this time and I packed my suitcase with the outfits I intended to wear with a few back up items (I really hate taking too much stuff....it's such a drag if your luggage is overweight and you have to pay more money at the airport).

SILLY ME didn't really factor Church into the equation. I don't know about your churches, but in all  Polynesian churches (well all I have attended) have a very similar expectation as to what to wear to church. Nothing short and no cleavage. It's basically how I have been raised to dress "respectful". Even growing up around boy cousins, uncles and brothers. I always had to cover up and I have no problem with that.
So when it came to Good Friday my nephew told me that he was in the Good Friday play so I wanted to go and see him. But then I thought "Oh crap, I only have short skirts and shorts...I didn't pack a church dress"

What was I going to wear? I didn't want to get the 'eyes' from all the old ladies. You know that OH NO you DID NOT step into church wearing that-look.

So I pulled out my black skirt I packed for the reunion, a basic black shirt which is oversized (thank goodness for black basics; they always save the day) and this is what I came up with.

This picture was taken after church (an amazing, emotional service with the re-enactment of the Crucifixion of Jesus by the Youth of the congregation) with the view of Auckland's harbour bridge. It was such a beautiful day.
Black Blouse & Floral Sheer Jacket : Kmart / Skirt:  City Chic / Shoes: Target



Big Love,

Falala Mele xo

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Luv how u just cam up with an outfit like that! If it was me.. I'd die trying to think of what to wear. But my lovely sister always has something so I'm lucky that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya mel,
    i'm loving the look. very well put i must say! i love the colour of the sheer cover, a bluey green? lovely!
    didn't realize you're a new zealander lol i thought you were australian. my bad. i've alllllllllllwaaaaaaaaaayyyyys wanted to visit new zealand. i've got LOTR to thank for that lol.
    btw, my latest blogpost has my newphews birthday pictures :D
    jijixx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Jiji....Yes you were right the first time...I am from Australia...born and raised! But most of my family on my mothers side live in NZ so that was the best place for our family reunion. So we flew over for 6 days for the reunion. It was the BEST time. Heading back to your blog NOW to see the pics xo

      Delete
  3. So beautyful when you´re smilin, lovely Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great outfit in a lovely setting....for an outfit that you pulled together, it works so well for the situation - I particularly love the floral jacket!

    And yeah, churches are pretty much the same in most places, I think...I'm not so religious now, but from the vague bit of church going I've done in my lifetime, you're expected to look respectable...which you most definitely do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning and I LOVE the back drop. Fabulous post, love. I hope you had an amazing weekend. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete