Monday, April 9, 2012

Lenny Kravitz

 Dear Readers,

If you have been following the last few posts, one of them had mentioned my excitement about the upcoming concert of Lenny Kravitz. Well I am so excited to share these pictures with all. Lenny Kravitz and his band lived up to everything I hoped it would be. He is just toooo fine for words. A fine muscian and a very fine man!

We were transported back to our high school days when the Cranberries opened for Lenny....Damn that girl can still sing the shit outta their songs. You all remember them right? *sings loudly* "Do you have to, do you have to let it lingerrrrrrr"
 So anyways here is a pic of my sister and I. We were both kinda bummed because by the time we had enough money for tickets...all the good seats were gone :(  but the guy selling the tickets said that this venue was pretty good and as long you wait behind these white lines you can get pretty close and the security leaves you alone. We were definitely planning on doing this later in the show. The Cranberries were soooo good but we kinda felt like we couldn't really connect because we were so far away. ANYWAYS after their intermission I went on a little mission to suss out the security gaurds (there is always a few that take their job seriously and it is hard to get by them, but then there is always a few who are a little more relaxed and easier to slip by).

I looked down the stairs to the precious "GOLD CLASS" area; each seat fetching nearly $300 AUD and I saw people just carelessly walking in an out. I thought to myself "stuff the white lines, I'm going down to the front" and as I did so I walked right to the front of the stage and spotted my sister way up the back in our seats. I quickly dashed back up to her and reported my findings and we both decided to try our luck with getting to the front.

We made our way down to the front and started talking to these drunk cougars so that it looked like we belonged. When security started checking tickets we sat down and pretended like we were already in our assigned seats. We moved when their real owners returned. I pulled out my fan and sat down fanning myself pretending to be a little "under the weather" so that no one would annoy me or ask me for my ticket. My sister however stood her ground and looked around lost when she was asked to go back to her seat.
"Shit 2 more minutes until the lights go out".

 I called my Mum and had a quick chat for the very same reason I pretended to look a little sick; so that the security gaurd would walk pass me and leave me be. He pressed my sister "I'm not kidding you will have to return to your seat duntill the lights go out!"
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
 Lights out.
The show begins and we make our way right to the very front of the stage. WE DID IT!
 We savoured up each song as we danced, yelled and rallied up those around us. We were making the most of our own little bit of luck stopping every few songs to give each other high fives enthusiastically as if we'd just won the lotto. It felt like we won the lotto everytime he could hear us call out and come to our side of the stage. It felt like we had won the lotto when he saw our geeky little hunger games 3 finger salute and giggled and it definitely felt like we won the lotto when he sang one of my most favourite songs EVEEEEERRRRRR "cause baby it aint over tell its oveeeeerrrr".
As you can see the bangs didn't last. I was dancing like a lunatic so it all got bundled up quick smart. I can never stay pretty for long :/ But the dancing around is totally worth the sweaty face and sore feet :D Gosh am I happy or what?!


After a 15 minute encore performance and touching Lenny's sweaty guns we walked out ready for the 1.5 hour drive home. "See ya girls" our new friends from the concert yelled. Even though we had to get back to our normal lives in a matter or hours; the exercise routines and jobs that awaited us. we walked away feeling elated at dare I say it......FROM THE BEST CONCERT EVER! Thank you Mr Kravitz and band for a wonderful evening.

Big Love,


Falala Mele  xo

5 comments:

  1. omg lenny 'effing' kravitz!! *does the i'm not worthy bow* to you and your sis :) you guys rock!
    jijixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like an amazing night....I cant say that I'm a fan per say, but I have enjoyed one or two of his probably best known songs along the years, and the man does have sex appeal coming out of every pore, after all!!

    And my hair never stays how it was when I left the house when I go to hear music that I'll be dancing around to either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos! i love your blog.
    xoxo
    nessi from hungary

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAHH!!! I'M SO JEALOUS!! it looks like you guys had an amazing night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG !!! I love love love Lenny ! It looks like you guys had a great time ..... I hear ya ! Sometimes you just got to go for it LOL to sneak in to those front seats lol

    ReplyDelete