Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Manila

It has been a few weeks now uh I mean just over a month since I ran away from work and flew to the Philippines to attend one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever witnessed. I know I have ranted about the tropical paradise of Boracay but I didn't get to mention much about Manila. For me, as dumb as it may seem I was like "coooool" I will get to visit another cool place that they sing about in songs, and by cool I'm talking about Ludacris' Area Codes (oh no she didn't!) ughhh yeah I did!

When I touched down and walked through the relatively quiet airport I felt quite at ease. It wasn't crazy at all....the people offered us taxi rides politely while we waited for our driver. As we drove into the city I started to feel like I was being swallowed by the tall buildings. I had the exact same feeling when I first arrived into New York. It was just me being me. I'm a girl used to her open spaces and vast sky and I was just adjusting to my new temporary world.

I loved Manila for the moments that I was there. I wandered down to Greenbelt Mall because my hotel was literally around the corner and while I didn't get to see everything, I liked what I did see (great food, my family and a HUGE ammount of accessories...YEAH BOY).

Get to Manila. It's cheap and there's lots of good shopping and food (filipino and western style cuisine). It's not ghetto. Everyone said it's crazy and a little dangerous but like most places, if you're sensible then you'll be just fine.







Big Love,


Falala Mele

No comments:

Post a Comment