Friday, September 9, 2011

addicted


Hello to all my lovely followers. It's been a while since I have said hello because I usually just ramble on about crap...but I have had a few new recent followers and I wanted to say THANK YOU for taking the time out of your busy life to read or look at what the hell is going on with mine.

Thank you for your lovely comments. They always make me smile and it reminds me that people are actually reading this blog. A lot of time I use this as a record of recent happenings, but I will try to make it a bit more informative, well atleast with the clothes side of things.
I will try to explain my choices and outfits better.

Mele, Alisha and Nini (stay tuned for her feature in my blog...I don't mean to brag, but they are beautiful right!!)

A few weekends ago I met up with my cousins to go watch Jersey Boys for the second time. The first time was a few months ago in New York (trust me, I will never get over that place!) and I heard that Australia had one of the best casts in the world so I just had to compare them, plus it gave me a reason to hear all the songs all over again!!!

It was fairly cold that day so I wanted to be warm (unlike my Melbourne shananigans where I ended up catching a terrible cold due to my lack of warm clothes). I had this top that I had picked up at a thrift store (it probably cost me no more than 50cents because I'm sure this was in a whole bag I got for $3 (I love it when you get those deals, you can shove as much stuff in your bad and only pay $3).....anyways I adored the colour and lines of this top and I thought it contrasted nicely with the solid colour of the blazer (which was also a thrift find).....the colour of the blazer is not my usual choice (I'm all for the bright colours) but I really like this outfit. I think the top and blazer work well and I finished it with my basic H&M black dress and low cut boots. I kept everything simple because I wanted my top to be the feature of this outfit. I also kept my makeup neutral for the same reasons.

Dress: H&M, Boots: Target, Blazer:Thrifted, Bag: Thrifted
Poodle Chain: Borrowed, Top:Thrifted, Beanie: Cotton On




How adorable is the poodle chain? It belongs to my cousin but I was so tempted to 'forget' to give it back....LOL and the bottom of the chain moves as if the poodle is wagging his tail. I must ask her where she got it from.

As for the blog post title....I seriously am addicted to Jersey Boys...I have always loved Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.... Walk like a Man was a favourite since I watched "Heart and Soul" when I was a little girl....but the show is just amazing. You really should go and see it! I was lucky enough to go with my two cousins and my old housemate (I miss our days in the desert!) because our other friend Kate couldn't make it at the last minute.


We finished off by heading to Chat Thai in the city. The wait was a bit of a pain in the arse and the dinner menu is not as good as their lunch menu, but all in all it was a GREAT day out.

Skirt: Kmart, Shoes:Converse, Floral Cardigan:Thrifted, Leather Bag: Thrifted Bangles: City Chic
How cute is my sister! She is still getting her blog together, but you should totally follow her.

Big Love,


Falala Mele xo

8 comments:

  1. Loving the new blog header lady! And actually I like the fact you're ramble-y simply cos its a bit like my own blog....except with more pictures!

    Really love the first outfit, in particular the jacket and necklace....I've just bought some earrings that owls in the same manner that bits of its body jangle....it must be a trend I've missed in knowing its a trend but not in loving!

    I've not seen Jersey Boys, and I'm not overly famillar with Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, except to know who they are....their music is not something I know much of....but I may have to go investigate out of sheer nosiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister is soooo cute! I love her top bun, and that skirt?? YES INDEED! Your family is beautiful, you all look so close knit, and I adore that. That poodle necklace is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics! And you are stunning, Mele! I honestly LOVE that poodle chain! It's sooooo cute :) And your hair is fab! New colour?
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these pictures Theresa's such a cutie pie! What's her blog link so I can follow her <3

    I also love that deep burgundy blazer and that top its amazing girl, your style is revolutionary haha =]

    so happy to see you happy out in Australia!

    miss you much
    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey laura, no the colour is still the same but for some reason when I straighten it, the colour seems to come out more in pics

    deja: her blog is on my sidebar it's hello dear it's me but she is in the process of changing it....

    confused brit: can't wait to see your earrings....I never really know whats in fashion...I just know what I like...I'm too broke to be in fashion....I always buy my clothes when they are on sale (lol or outta fashion) or from Opshops

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all of your outfits! can't wait for your sis to start her blog <3
    jijixx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm LOVING that blazer. OMG it is gorgeous!!! HOT!!

    http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete