Monday, August 27, 2012

Aussie Curves: Red


Hello lovely ones!
How are you all? Well another weekend has passed and it's week 7 (you will know how good that sounds if you are a full time teacher). So for the Aussie Curves: Red challenge I chose to wear this gorgeous little red jumper I picked up a few weeks ago at a local Salvation army store. The cute white buttons caught my eye and I loved that it was a cropped jumper with the cute neckline. It was $3 reduced from $6 and it's a nice jumper to wear when I want to keep it casual but still a little interesting.

I wore this to the local farmers market on Sunday. It was cold enough to wear a beanie and a few extra layers but I was super comfortable and that always matters in my book.

When I wear red I usually like a lick of it on my lips. Nothing like a little red lipstick to make you feel fly. I 
usually wear it with back because that is one of my never-fail combos: Black dress, light or golden eyes with some eyeliner and red lips. 

I actually have an outfit post coming up from a night out in Manhattan when I visited New York in July but I guess the whole point of a challenge is to mix things up a little. I teamed up the red jumper with another opshop/thrifted find. I picked it up for $1 because it was half price. I love the colour and the fact that it's long. I know it's super lazy of me but I love over sized or long blouses so that I can throw it on with a pair of tights to run errands and even wear to work. And of course a little black basic dress from H&M which I picked up in Chicago last year. Black beanie to keep the cold off. 

It was a lovely fresh morning and we left with loads of fresh veggies and HUGE pumpkin for only $4.00. I definitely love the fresh produce every week. For once I can say that I'm the lucky duck :)



Dress: H&M $15 Thrifted/Opshop: Blouse $1 Red Jumper $3 Beachcomber Shoes $3 bag .50cents


Check out my red lips and vintage dress that I wore in Brooklyn for a day of thrifting and wandering around HERE. This is from July but it is apart of my NYC summer adventure series. 



Big Love,




Falala Mele xo








13 comments:

  1. I love this $3 jumper! It's all kinds of perfect. Great styling too, always so casual cool. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute Jumper! I'm going to have to check out my local op shops more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so freaking adorable, love your outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to include the Linky code into the bottom of your post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *looks around lost* Oh my goodness I thought it was automatic....I will fix it up tonight ;)
      thanks dani

      Delete
  5. Love and adore this outfit...always love a bit of sweater and shirt action! The colours look great on you...fab as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that red knit! This is a super cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casual and cute! Love the jumper, I like little details like those buttons. The print on that jumper is lovely too! The little things make an outfit special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jeanie! I will get onto it now :) Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's a bargain! You look casual AND chic, a neat trick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im a massive fan of a budget outfit. You look fab!
    Jac @ Common Chaos Chronicle xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving your $3 find, looks gorgeous ;) You're making my heart skip a beat mentioning NYC as I was there last year I desperately yearn to be back there, it get's in your blood :) Have a wonderful week ;)

    ReplyDelete