Thursday, February 2, 2012

High Tea in Samoa

Hello to my lovely readers! I seriously can't believe that it is February already. My December and January were soooo jammed packed that I am trying to sort out things out and figure out all the things that I need to share with you guys. Here are some photos of the lovely High Tea we had at Plantation House Samoa. It was so beautiful and we were extremely lucky to walk in on the right day (I think it was a Wednesday) at the right time on the very day they had a cancellation.
When we arrived we immediately felt transported to another time. Ella Fitzgerald was playing in the background; and the attention to detail in both the environment and service made us all feel like true ladies. We were saying "Imagine what it would have been like here in the late 50's early 60's?"....gosh I'm sure it would have been truly beautiful. It was my first ever high tea and I think it has set the standard quite high.

The delicious scones were wrapped up ever so beautifully.
Our host Marita was so welcoming and happy to converse with us and serve us. She made all of the delicious things you can see here; the quiche, cucumber sandwiches, egg and mint sandwiches, rum-less balls, cream puffs, chocolate cake, but the absolute standout for me personally was the lime curd.....HELL TO THE YIZZAYYY that was beautiful! Can you see in  the background that we totally demolished that sweet-buttery delight!


Our beautiful host joined us for a chat after our tummies were full and told us stories about each piece of china on our table and its own history, stories about her life and arriving in Samoa as a young bride from New Zealand, tales of travel and Samoan history. It was really very special to hear the old stories about they way things were. If for some reason you end up in Samoa, you really must pay her a visit. It was only $35 tala per person so it is extremely affordable and you leave feeling a little bit fancier.

The glorious scones and lime curd.

Well it was extremely humid being the tropical season but I still wanted to feel like a lady so I wore my thrifted white blouse ($1) and I tucked it into my   K-mart polk-a-dot skirt ($10). I wore my jandals because it is the islands after all and of course I never went anyways without my fan. Its really simple but it was comfortable and it might be the only official outfit shot from my whole trip.
Big Love,

Falala Mele xo

4 comments:

  1. Gosh! I'm so jealous of your trip!

    Those snacks look delicious and that china is divine. Mele you like one amazing life lady!

    You look totally cute btw :)

    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya mele!

    long time i haven't written but i do enjoy reading your blog. it's one of my favourites <3

    i simply love your pictures. samoa is beautiful! the hi-tea looks like an exquisite delectable affair! i would go there in a heartbeat and bring my mum lol

    looking at your pictures always lifts my spirits up.

    jijixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so glad that you discovered Plantation House and the High Tea experience. I am Marita's daughter and Im always in awe of her creativity and flair. Your photos and blog are awesome.
    Your newest blog follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lani!!! What a coincidence! I was actually trying to follow your blog and I had to sign in to my account in order to follow your blog. I saw your comment on the facebook link and I added you....I wanted to buy your book online but it seems to be out of stock. It was sold out when we were in Samoa and I was so intrigued when your Mother told us proudly that you were the author of the book. So my hunt continues! Thank you for following....following you right back and I can't wait to get my hands on Telesa <3

    ReplyDelete