Monday, March 12, 2012

Op Shop Haul

Since I am not working full time at the moment ( I have been working casually around the local schools) I have had the luxury of visiting my favourite opshops on a regular basis. It really has become one of my most favourite things to do. I love going on my own so I can hunt through all the racks and baskets for something special.

My sister and I are similar sizes atm so that means when we shop together we go in with guns blazing hoping to find clothes, jewellery and bags before the other one does. It has been a bit unfair since she has to work 4 out of the 5 week days but I am trying to make the most of it while I am not working. I head back into full time work again in May and most if not all of our opshops close on the weekend because they are run primarily by volunteers. So I gotta make the most of it while I can!

Anyways I have tried to document my purhcases to show both you and my friends (we have a private facebook page where we show off our finds because we are spread out throughout the state now) and I have a few to share but I keep forgetting to post things.

    1.  Knitted jumper $2.50 / Patterned sleeveless shirt $3.00 / Polka dot blouse $3.00
    2. Tapes $0.20 Nirvana Nevermind / Dirty Dancing Soundtrack / Mariah Carey Music Box 
    3. Heart Chain $2.00
    4. 2009 Art & Design Guide (thats for you Emma...it's got all the best places to study)
    5. Grandma Glasses $0.50 each



I actually have a lot to fill you in about but instead of writing a whole novel I will keep it short and sweet.

  • I am very excited to be booking my NY tickets this week (God willing)!
  • I am also very VERY VERY excited to see one of my most favourite artists (and I kinda never thought I would see him) the very fine Mr. Lenny Kravitz next week.
  • Speaking of music I was fortunate enough to see Dan Sultan in an intimate acoustic concert at Wreck Bay Aboriginal Community for the Land Rights celebration day. I also got to give him a lil hug and get a photo. I was totally star struck. Pictures coming ;)
  • I am moving again....another teaching job in another state. I'm excited to move to Victoria for another change. I have been home for about 6 months now and while its been nice to hang out with my family and friends from home...the itchy feet syndrome has got me on the move again. I will be in a school with my beautiful friend Malo. She is the Deputy Principal of the school and if you have been following Falala Mele for a while you may have seen the feature I did on her here.
  • I also have a family reunion to attend in New Zealand this Easter. YAY for another reason to get the passport out. Even though my bank is never fat....I always seem to scrape by. I always think if I'm not spending it on important life events I'd probably spend it on silly crap anyways.
What's new with you all?

Big Love,

Falala Mele xo

2 comments:

  1. love your haul!!! especially that yellow sweater obsessed with anything yellow lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you got a lot of good stuffz!!!! I'm very envious of all those sunnies... I wish I could wear regular non-prescription ones! Such a steal!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete